Tuesday, November 4, 2008

YES WE CAN!!!

Wow. Just, wow. My head is a jumble of thoughts right now; i'm so excited and pleased. I've voted in three presidential elections (in 3 different states, actually - MI, IL, and now CA), but this is the first time i was able to cast a vote for a candidate whom i actually *wanted* to send to the White House. After so many years of anger, frustration, and disappointment, i don't even have the words for how wonderful it feels to watch President Elect Barack Obama speak from downtown Chicago. Some of my friends are actually *in* Grant Park right now - i'm so jealous of you guys!

It keeps hitting me. I can start watching press conferences again! The State of the Union Address! Forget about his skin tone - he's young and optimistic, and i think we really need that right now. He's delivering a message of hope, and i *believe* him.

I finally have a leader whom i can proudly call *my* president.

1 comment:

  1. I was over at Jen and Andrew's with a bunch of people, eating and drinking, with huge grins on our faces. This was amazing.

    ReplyDelete