Thursday, October 22, 2009

Butterfly in the sky...

My unfinished drafts are piling up again; it's triage time. A few are more or less done so i'm just going to post them one after another. A few others will probably get filed in my private journal. Two half-written concert writeups still need work, so those can stay in the queue. Stand by for a flurry of posts; then maybe i can start writing about what's on my mind today.

If you're reading this on Facebook, feel free to check out neilam.blogspot.com for the original, up-to-the-minute posts.

Hmm, it feels weird to post this without any real content. Lemme check my recent youtube favorites for something fun to share; stand by...

Oooh, i've got one - oh HELL yeah. So one of my favorite childhood tv shows was Reading Rainbow. I'm struggling to describe its awesomeness in words. If you're a fellow bookworm child of the 80s, you probably know what i'm talking about. If not, then you missed out. (Is the show still on? I remember seeing an episode in the late-90s, but it just wasn't the same because LeVar Burton was looking all hip and cool - no more 80s fro). Ok, i just looked it up - turns out the show ended in 2006. Sadface.)

Anyway, there was one particular episode which highlighted the importance of teamwork. They even had an awesome song, which i recorded in the usual 80s child manner - by holding a tape recorder up to the tv. I never forgot that song; to this day it'll still randomly pop into my head once in a great while and make me hum the melody and sing the few lines i can remember. And visualizing the video, especially the part where they're all firefighters and use *teamwork* to put up a ladder.

Finally (earlier this year) it dawned on me that someone's probably put it on youtube. I did a search and FOUND IT and watched it with glee. Heehee!

Are you ready? Time for TEAMWORK!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm_Mv4uL3s4

WOOOOOOO! Say what you wish about the neon tights, the 80s hair, the music production - this video is 100% awesome and makes me happy. TEAMWORK! TEAMWORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment